Monday, December 29, 2008

Whew! The holidays are over!






Wow! What a couple of weeks it has been. Christmas concerts, birthdays, Christmas and New Years coming. I am exhuasted with all the excitement that has been going on in our lives.
Austin's birthday was fabulous with a household full of friends, family and food. He got spoiled wrotten as usual and loved it. On his actual birthday we almost couldn't get him to sleep because he was so excited he was going to be 5 finally! That night I was in the middle of cooking his bday cake when my oven blew up. 2 days before Christmas!! I might also mention, Christmas was being held at our house! The birthday was saved though, I had a banana cake in the freezer so we put candles on it and had that.
Our oven did not get fixed in time for Christmas and the part is so stinkin expensive it's crazy! This week hopefully they can get it in and we can cook normally again. Dear friends of ours went to Saskatchewan for Christmas and let us use their oven for cooking our turkey. Thank you Justin and Anna for saving our holiday feast!!
Christmas day was perfect! Hailee got up at 3am and waited til 5:30 to come upstairs. I was awake so we waited til 6 to wake up Dad and Austin. Hailee got a beautiful doll house and Austin got a train table so they were pretty pumped. The family was great, the food was better and by 6pm I was ready for bed.
I of course got spoiled as well with a tripod for my camera, jammas, scrap stuff, a hand knit sweater, a purse, jewellery, perfume and so much more.
I was supposed to babysit for New Year's eve but got cancelled on, so now Brian, the kids and I are going to stay home, order in and play the wii. New Year's day we are going to go to Mom and Dad's for Chinese food. I hope everyone else is having as great a holiday as me!
HUGS!!!

1 comment:

Janine Wahl said...

Sounds like a jam-packed Christmas! It sounds like a wonderful time and I pass on blessings in the new year!

I love the picture of the horses, it is stunning!

Take care and call me or drop me a line.