Tuesday, August 12, 2008

What a great weekend!

Well I had a great weekend off this weekend. Hailee and Austin went camping with Brian's Mom and Dad so we got to date all weekend. Friday night we dropped the kids off and then just came home for a hot tub and went to bed. Saturday we had morning coffee, puttered around a bit, picked up my wedding rings that are finally fixed and found after 2 years, shopped a little, went for a picnic lunch and then went golfing all afternoon. It was probably the nicest day we have had together for ages. We talked and laughed and just had a great time.
When we were done golfing we had to run Austin's clothes he forgot in the car to the lake. We visited for a few minutes but then headed back on our date to go out for supper. After supper we came home and hot tubbed in the cool air again and to bed.
Sunday morning we got a call that the kids were coming home early, which kinda changed our plans but oh well. We packed a cooler, loaded the car and were ready to head off to Discovery Canyon when the kids got there. I came to a quick realization that my next goal needs to be my "healthy size" so that I can enjoy playing with the family more.
Yesterday Richelle came to Red Deer with the kids to go back to school shopping. I ran in to town, we had lunch, stopped at Michael's and Chapter's and then came home for coffee. While she was here I showed off my new scrap space and showed her the goody bags for this weekend! I am so stinkin excited I can hardly wait!
2 more days until 1 year cigarette free and only 4 days until my Silpada party and weekend crop with a few of the girls and the DT. I am so looking forward to it!!!
On a more neutral note, the kids had eye appointments today and neither one needed glasses, Yay! I have Katie's daughter Hunter and her sister Lori here for the night, so, I think I might settle them in for the night and do some scrap booking. Let you know tomorrow how that went for me.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So glad the two of you got to spend some quality time together Stace. I love catching up with your latest.